Translate

Monday, September 7, 2026

Waking Up

 The Spirit awaits those who die. It offers a second life. It opens the vault of Heaven to a Universe of infinite possibility. Where we continue to learn and grow and change. This possibility exists within us in each moment. To face our death and pass into it. To pass into it and go beyond it. Here, our eye is open and we see a whole new world. Our spirit has awakened. We must answer the call of our spirit to live in this world. We must do what it asks of us. We must do so if we wish to be wide awake. 

When we wake up we live a radically different life. It may not appear so on the outside. It may also be a very similar experience in many way to what others typically experience. The difference is that one person is awake, and another is not. 

We wake up to Spirit. We see that our spirit is Spirit. We know that everything is really Spirit. It is both the most obvious thing and the most subtle and imperceptible until you see it. 

I don't think it happens the same way for everyone. When I woke up, I was 19 years old and it hit me like lightening. I didn't fully know what happened to me. In an instant my reality had fundamentally and permanently shifted. I had a brief period of clarity that lasted for perhaps a week in which I discovered and knew with exact insight that this clarity would pass and I would fall into a kind of semi-darkness as all the unplayed parts of my life continued to play out. Though they would pass now like train cars falling one by one off a broken track into the abyss. I would come back to this clarity after my life had played out apparently decades in the future. I'm not fully sure what the extent of that life was. I don't think I have reached the end though. The train cars of my life continue to plunge of the track as deeper and deeper parts of my self peel away in the light of awakening. What I can see now is that I am awake, and I have been awake since that moment. 

I think waking up occurs when that deepest part of ourself stirs and awakens. What's peculiar is that this may not mean we have fully realized every part of our self. It just means we know ourself as Self. We still have much more to do and become we just know it is all completely an illusion at its core as the world passes before our awakened consciousness. 

Nothing that has happened to me is as significant as this, and I don't think anything else will be. I also cannot put into words the experience I have had since I have awakened, nor how meaningful to me it has been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment